SRINAGAR: In a strange incident, five persons, including three members of a family, were hospitalized on Tuesday after they consumed ‘poisonous’ tea in north Kashmir’s Baramulla district.
In Itkoo Dobiwan village, an 80-year-old woman accidentally used some poisonous substance while she was preparing tea for her husband, son and two neighbours. After consuming the tea all the five developed some irritation and fell ill. They were later shifted to sub-district hospital Magam where they were referred to JVC Bemina for specialized treatment.
Those hospitalized were identified as Abdul Gani Sofi, his wife Saja and their son Farooq Ahmad Sofi, Ghulam Qadir Waza son of Ghulam Mohd Waza and Ghulam Mohammad Wani.